Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

caterpillar paint

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXFSHRMAN, Jul 8, 2005.

1. TXFSHRMAN

TXFSHRMAN Registered Member

what do yall think about using caterpillar yellow paint for a paint job...i can find the stuff for 27 bucks a gallon....if yall have any other ideas, i would appreciate it...im trying to go for a unique color that you dont see as much i really want burnt orange but i cant find it online thats another thing i want to be able to buy the stuff online

2. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

go by an auto body shop, see if they will give you their "left overs"..collect about 12 different colors..go home open containers..stand about 10 feet from your truck, and THROW! :D :haha:

sorry its 2am...i thought it was funny, and it would be a "unique color that you don't see as much"

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't know much about paint work, but I don't see why you couldn't get the Cat yellow and a little bit of some other color to make the orange. It would be cheap because the bulk of your paint would be the cheaper cat yellow. The only question I would have is the compatability of the paints and what type to mix it with.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Here is mine I painted with industrial Case tractor yellow. The paint really held up great.
    [​IMG]

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Tractor Supply...

I painted my van "Ford Tractor Blue" using farm tractor paint from Tractor Supply...costed 22 bucks a gallon back when I did it 6-7 years ago--probably slightly higher now,but still cheaper than any automotive paint from a body supply store..

.I've also used "Allis Chalmers Orange" on another truck a friend had--it looked just like the "General Lee" when it was done. :laugh: --they have a lot of factory colors for farm tractors available...Even plain old Rustoleum from Home Depot or Lowes holds up well and does not look too shabby,even when brushed on..and it comes in lots of colors too!.. :crazy: