Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cats use fax as toilet, spark house fire

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. Z3PR

    Z3PR Banned

    Mar 30, 2002
    Likes Received:
    Offbeat News
    Friday, June 10, 2005
    Cats use fax as toilet, spark house fire

    TOKYO (Reuters) - Two kittens picked the wrong place to relieve themselves when they urinated on a fax machine, sparking a fire that extensively damaged their Japanese owner's house.

    Investigators in the western city of Kobe have concluded that the fire in January was caused by a spark generated when the urine soaked the machine's electrical printing mechanism.

    The fire damaged the kitchen and living room before it was put out by the house's owner, who was treated for mild smoke inhalation, said Masahito Oyabu, a fireman at the Nagata fire station in central Kobe.

    The kittens quickly ran to safety, he added.

    "If you have a cat, or a dog for that matter, be careful where they urinate," Oyabu said. "Especially keep them away from electrical appliances and wires."

Share This Page