Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caught a turkey in the windshield today!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigk, May 7, 2002.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Talk about damn near filling your pants. Just got back off the road and was headin home in the Blaze when a turkey shot out of the grass from the right and hit smack in front of my face. I ducked my head and caught the windshield with my right fist. Cut the snot of my hand and my right ear from flying glass. So I guess tomorrow I get a new windshield. Needed one anyway. I've never seen a 20 pound bowling ball with feathers, but now I have. I didn't even have a permit, hope the game warden doesn't get me.

2. sagechicken

sagechicken Registered Member

I guess thats one way to get dinner!

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Road Kill... There is always room for turkey /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

One got my buddy just the other day on the main highway. Poor guy. He was in his brand new Z71 (less than 3 weeks old) Damn those suicide turkeys!!

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I think in West Virgina you can legaly keep your road kill for dinner. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

You got that right, buddy! hey get off of my opossum! Anyways i was just letting you know that it was probably my spring gobbler that you bagged and now i won't have any turkey:-( oh well, guess i'll have to go run my blazer into a bear or something.

7. Quack_Addict

Quack_Addict 1/2 ton status

One of my hunting buddies has taken (at last count) 12 deer with his `79 Suburban over the years (mostly by accident /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif).

8. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I manage a autoglass shop in SW Oklahoma and I've had 3 turkey vehicles in the last 2 weeks. Did a 99 mustang that caught one today great for bussiness, but sorry to hear about your trouble

9. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I'll tell you what kills me is they banned us from riding in a park down by the Mississippi so we wouldn't bother the wild life. But I have NEVER hit an animal on the trail. But I have played hell with the rabbit, skunk, and possum population with my semi on the road. Fortunately I'm pretty sure I've never hit anybody's pet dog or cat. That would tear me up.