Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caught On Tape: SUV rolls 10 times

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, May 26, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Saw this on the news yesterday. I had the same thing happen to me several years ago. Car came off the on ramp into me, I turned into it (like Dale Sr. taught me) and really f**ked up his Toyota car. I scuffed up a sidewall. Funniest thing, the tire caught his mirror, it exploded, I saw pieces flying past the passengers window! Ripped all the trim off it and black marks down it's side. He got the ticket!!!

http://www.katu.com/entertainment/story.asp?ID=86149

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Can't get the video to play [​IMG]

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Of course it could be used against "suv's" . I think its just a panicked driver who didn't remember drivers ed . She turned the wrong way trying to get back on the road , instead of turning to the left where the ass end was going . Could of lifted too , and coasted in the grass .

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

gnarley. I coulda saved it!

6. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yup, easiest thing to do right there.
    I caught that on the news when I got home last night and pointed out her mistakes to my wife in hopes she won't do what this woman did in that situation.

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I ran some asshole in an Audi off the road cause he tried to do that to me.

8. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    ah the infamous oh my god swerve. Gee I am off the road. Oh my god I better swerve hard to get back on the road. 2 swerves and kiss it good bye.

No need to swerve in the first place. Horn and move slightly toward shoulder and if vehicle keeps coming ease wheel into the car and slight acceleration.

9. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I totally agree. I had a guy slide into my lane one time. My buddy was riding with me and he got all crazy when the guy came into my lane. I let him slide way into my lane. I let off the gas bit and he slid right in front of me. I guess he lost me in his blind spot. So as soon as my GRILL appears in his ENTIRE rear view mirror I BLAST the horn at him. (I had 6 sets of air horns hooked up at that time) He just about crapped himself. My buddy couldn't believe that I didn't panic when that happened. I told him that the worst thing that would have happened is that he would have hit me in front end with his rear end and I would got him loose and put him in the wall. Simple, BUMP AND RUN!!!!

10. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep, I just showed that to my mother as well. She takes offense to me showing stuff about that (I constantly jab her with her bad habits, lol) but I think she got something out of it.

She is definitely a nervous twitch type driver. If someone does something crazy, or something happens infront of her, she just immediately swerves to the side all the time.

Infact, the reason why I showed it to her was becuase a week or two ago, I was riding home with her when a truck infront of her lost a box full of styrofoam and some other junk that'd never damage her vehicle anyways. She immediately swerved into the ditch to avoid it, and much to her disgust I grabbed the wheel before she could try and pull back on, and had her come to a complete stop before pulling back on. I've seen it happen far too often when you come up against the shoulder with the outside tire, then have to force it up onto the road which makes you leap way over into another lane, which causes another panic swerve, and often results in a rollover...

She didn't believe me when I said that she could easily have rolled her Tahoe doing what she was about to do... She was just more concerned with catching up with the truck that lost the box to do give him an ugly look or whatever she does, lol

Just got straight up mad with me, cause I being the 19 year old was correcting her driving, with her perfect driving record since she was 19, lol Of course, I just bother her so it stays that way...