Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caught the Bug this weekend

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Donovan, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Well I when up to Greeley this weekend and caught a nasty little bug. I think it was called truck pulling. Man what fun that looks like it would be. I have not been to a truck pull in 10 years and man I had a great time. Oh it helps to know some of the people pulling. A friend of the family has a 72 Chevy truck with a 454 and dana 60 front and Eaton rearend and he took second. Get this, he is running a 700r4 tranny in it and it works great. The engine is has a hydraulic roller cam, merlin oval port heads with around 10to1. He thinks it is running around 500hp or so. He thought the sled wieghed around 30,000lbs and he did a full pull with it all thru a 700r4 tranny. I would never thought that tranny would hold up. I will let everyone now when the next truck pulls are if you guys are interested.

Donovan
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rustbucket.coloradok5.com>http://www.rustbucket.coloradok5.com</A>
    Bigger is Better

2. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

cool man. let me know i want to go too

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

What do I have to do to keep the bug Buggin'?

Did you see any of the Tuff Truck Comps, I think those things are bad ars.

Twiztid