Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB Amp Install

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 2Dogs, Sep 10, 2006.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey All,
    Installing an old CB amp in the blaze.... Can you mount them close to the CB? And is there any science as to the cables you connect it with (like length)?

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen them mounted right below the radio. coax jumper lenght ?? The shorter the better.

3. 2Dogs

Thanks.

I have heard alot of witchcraft around antenna cable length and CBs - was double checking before I install this. Is there any science to cable length or just bs....?

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Not going to be a problem if you keep it just long enough to reach the radio . We can double check your swr at Moab , I'll bring my meter ( father in laws if he'll let me bring the good one ) :thumb:

Oh , and take a pic of your icemaker , its going to be in my possession tommorrow :woot:

5. 2Dogs

Sweet!! Both the truck CB and Motorhome CB need some TLC. Do you know we are neighbors at Slickrock? We will see to some good food and drink!

What do I need to do to start problem determination on my ice maker?

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

First see if the valve opens up to let water in . So while your pump is on ( water needs pressure ) apply the proper voltage to your icemakers water valve to see if it fills the icemaker .

If that don't work its a bad valve .

If that works , take the cover off the icemaker , mark the gear with a marker , and go away and let it run .

Come back and see if marker line moved .

If it did and kicks out ice , but no refill its a bad icemaker since the conatcts to the valve are bad .

If it didn't move at all , the motor or the thermostat in the head is shot . Its new icemaker time anyway :laugh:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mine is inside the top center console in my Burb with a couple of small 12v cooling fans (like in a computer, got them at radio shack and they are wired to come on with the amp) and is about 6 inches from the CB. Wherever you mount it, make sure that there is ventilation. they are called footwarmers for a reason.