Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB and Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 8BaLL, Dec 14, 2002.

1. 8BaLL

8BaLL Registered Member

Whenever I have my cd player on and my subs and i key my mic my subs pound. Does anyone else have this problem? What can be done about it? Also when I accelerate it seems like my cb makes a whistling sound. It is very annoying. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You are getting that annoying feedback from the engine due to (in my opinion) wrong wiring of the power wire....move the power wire to a different source and it should solve the problem...worked for me.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Shut the stereo off befor you key up the mic. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

Might want to try some better RCA cables. I had a friend with the same problem except he had a fifty watt 2 meter. It would actualy overload the audio amp from the RF. He took it back to the guy that put it in three times{3 new amps} and the guy finally fixed it with some high dollar RCAs. Funny thing is, the 2 meter was only 50 wats. He has a 800 watt amp for his CB and it wouldn't do it.

5. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Yep it's rf interference from your cb. Either turn off your tunes or upgrade your cables like they suggested. You might also try going with a heavier insulated speaker wire. If all that fails try repositioning your antenna or amp and sub. If the rf is to bad, nothing will fix it. It was always fun going to mcdonalds and keying up with the linear on and wiping the order screens. A friend that worked there told me that they had to call a tech out to reset the system,lol.