Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cb antenna's

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by rick88blaze, Nov 27, 2005.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I've ran a cb in my vehicles ever since I was 16, and I have almost always ran dual antennas. One of my 4 ft whips broke off in September and I was looking for a set of 3 ft antennas to put back on my K5. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of these Valor antennas on ebay? If so, are they any good? :confused:

Rick

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In all honesty, you're hurting your radio's preformance by cophasing (dual antennas). Our vehicles are not wide enough for it too work propperly. Truckers cophase for that front/back signal (Great for on the big road for hearing about what's comming up infront of you but limits side to side) , but a big rig is well,..... bigger then what we have. In all honesty, a quality single antenna will work better. Ofcorse you can install a second one WITHOUT coax for the looks if that's what you really want. Being that you're in Belleview, you can go up to Randy's CB repair. They at 6612 N Irvington Rd. off the IDA st. exit on the NW side of Omaha. You can call them at (402) 572-8905. ( Can you tell I grew up in Omaha ?? Back in the mid 90's I lived in South Omaha and went by Lost Cause. Mostly ran on channels 35 and 40. )

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I've never run into any problems running my dual whips. I've always made sure my SWR was at the right setting, and that my whips were mounted as wide as possible. The times we've gone 4wheeling, my cb reached farther than any of the guys I run with that had single antennas. We would be down in the bottoms and I would be the only one to talk to someone that was up top coming down to meet us. I do know what you are talking about as far as single antennas having a more "round" receiving and sending range, and the duals being better at front to back signals though. :D

Have you ever heard of Valor antennas though?

Rick

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Valor has been around for years, they're cheaper stuff. Kind of like comparing Sparkomadic to Pioneer. If you're just running strait CB, look at the K40's, and Wilson's with the tunable tips.