Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB Channel 9 Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Nov 4, 2000.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

DOES ANYONE REALLY LISTEN TO CHANNEL 9?? WHOS MONITORING IT?SHERIFF..SP?..ANYONE KNOW?????

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Its monitored at all times. As far as who I'm not sure. Maybe Highway Patrol, FFC, SP not really sure, but know for sure its monitored.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got mine on 9 at all times....never know who your gonna find who needs that help. I live in central IL so if your ever around here and need some help......

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Used to be a volunteer group called REACT that monitored 9 all the time to provide help and relay calles on the landline....

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Im some areas ham radio operators monitor it.

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

6. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

they are correct in saying that ch.#9 is always monitored,,
    but try to get anyone from the local authorities to answer your request for help...now out west this might not be a problem cause the forest service and other such mountain rescue groups DO monitor and respond to emergencies this way but on the eastern seaboard,,,GOOD LUCK!!! BUY A CELL PHONE!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

The reason I ask is cause when I got stuck a few weeks ago I tried using channel 9 to get some help getting unstuck...didnt work...made me wonder if it even works well enough to have....I think I need to have the ant. tunned in...does anyone know where to take it to do this instead of having to buy a meter or whatever it is that i need...

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

K5King is right. I came up on a "accident" about 3 years ago in Southern DE (eastern seaboard). Some drunk guy ran into the ditch. I only had a CB at the time and no one answered on Ch 9. I called 911 when I got where I was going. After that, I drove back out there and flagged down the State Cop they sent out there. I asked him about Ch 9 and he said it had been years since someone had monitored it constantly. He told me to get a cell phone [​IMG]. Oh well!

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

9. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Chanel 9 is no longer moniterd by any one other than other CB users. Mot HP or local Patrol cars and DOt trucks no longer use CB or even have them in place. What with the 800MH trunk systems in use and the advent of Cell phones there is no need in there minds to spend the money for the radios. Also the use of power amps and such have made the CB band almost useless. If you have to follow the laws and have to use 4.5 watts it rather hard to use them.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken