Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I have a cobra 18wxst on my console and a 5foot wilson fiberglass on the rear bumper and wanted to know if there is any good place to run the coax out the rear of the truck. i had 2 wilsons on the mirrors, but i smack way too much stuff with them and decided to go to the rear bumper. I was thinking about cutting a hole in the rear pillar and somehow getting the coax through the tailgate??? Another quick question, would i be better off, now that im only running one whip, to get a 102" steel, or keep the 5 foot fiberglass. Thanks alot.

Mud, the ultimate paint job

2. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I Drilled a hole in the drivers rear corner of the floor where it meets the rear floor area and ran it along the top of the frame with zip ties to the rear bumper. used a little silicone to seal the hole.

A BIG HAMMER CAN FIX ANYTHING.... [​IMG]

3. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

FORGOT ..The 102 in whip will hold up better then the 5 ft fiberglass. i have a 102 on mine with a heavy sping i did have to tie it of to the tail gate with a rubber strap to keep it from swing around. the strap also keeps it straight going down the road.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I just bought a CB today at a place here in town (<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chickenlipscb.com>Chickenlips CB's</a>) to replace the one I had ripped off long ago... I had my antenna in the rear bumper and and was gonna just place it back there again but she said the roof is the ideal place or on the side of the truck. I'm placing my antenna on the side of the hood by where the regular antenna is... All this place sells is CB's and they know their stuff... maybe they can get you some info...? [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Quit shooting corn at me!
    &lt;&gt;&lt; PSALMS 23 &gt;&lt;&gt;

5. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot for the help. I found a gap in between the tailgate and weatherstripping to run the coax out the rear. As for the antenna, i went with the 102', and it works so much better than the fiberglass. SWAMPRNR, how did you strap it to the tail gate, cause mine is bouncing all over the place :) Thanks again!

Mud, the ultimate paint job

6. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I used a small rubber bunge strapp hooked to the top side tail gate latch and looped it around the antenna. both hooks are on the latch between the gate and side panel.