Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB Location

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by LA Bogger, Dec 26, 2000.

1. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Where do ya'll mount your CB I have mine mounted on the center console right now. But I fixin to put a bench up front?? Any suggestion would be great...

D60/14B/4:88/9"/39 Swampers

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have mine mounted in the same location also. You could mount it directly on the dash, but then somebody might think that they need a CB more than you do[​IMG], so that's not the best place. You could also rig up something to mount overhead or maybe somewhere under the dash(under radio maybe). Depending on the size you could remove the ash tray and mount it there. Also heard of people taking out the center A/C vent and putting it there for a clean lookin installation. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I did that, removed the center A/C vent and mounted mine in there. It was a bit of fiddling around to get it to be right where I wanted it. I just hang the mike on the rear view. I'm going to use the dash speakers for a remote speaker so I can hear it better. All in all it a nice clean installation and its not too noticeable unless you're looking right at it. Mind you the mike kind of gives it away![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Right above the gas pedal at the bottom of the metal are some holes that the factory put there that could hold some of the larger radios. I have mine bolted there and I didnt have to do any drilling. If its a large radio it can get in the way of the gas pedal but not too badly. It also makes the installation easy and neat because you're near the firewall and you can hide all the wires under the dash.

"An old Blazer never dies, they just... rust away."

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

a guy I know had a really sweet roof console on the ceiling of his C20. Wish i had taken it out when he blew the engine...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

90k5~ check in jc whitney they have those in there, pretty nice.
    i have 2 in my k5. a larger cobra wedged inbetween my seat and center console, th emike site in the cup holder. and the other one is jsut bolted inside my center console. its a small one.

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

7. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Has anyone tried one of those shelves made by Steelhorse? You're supposed to be able to remove the visors and install this thing. Just curious how much room is there for something like a CB.

Smitty

8. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

Just remember one thing. Electronics are as sensitive to heat if not more so than anything else in this world. I drove a big truck for several years and came to find that you can reduce the life of your radio or any other electronic device by not getting adequate ventilation and heat discepation. Just a thought. Heat such a nasty little four letter word.

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've always wondered how you keep everything in place on one of those overhead shelves. One good bump or really steep hill climb and I could see everything jumping off the shelf. [​IMG] Might work OK if you don't 4-wheel (or bolt things to it). [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

10. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok im not sure how much you use your cb, but i just had an idea; not sure if it would work, but what about on the inside of the glove box, and open it up when you need it. if u use it everyday, then this idea sucks.
    jsut and idea that popped in my head

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If its small and you don't smoke you could put it in the ashtray. Teh glovebox is held on by that cheezy plastic thing that I don't trust at all...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>