Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB mounting kit for roof???

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by XHitman396, Aug 8, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

I gotta cb, and ive always wanted to look like the truckers, mounting it between the sun visors on the roof, is there a way i can do this without drilling through it, like a kit or something. someone told me that some chevy trucks had a double layer roof, with an air gap in between, so it could be screwed into that, could my head board (or whatever its called) support the weight without sagging? thanks for your help, and if all else fails, i will drill through the roof, thanks....

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

The mounts you are talking about can be picked up from Radio Shack for about $15 a piece. The roof of your truck is double metal and you will have to drill ahole through both sheets, however you can hide the coax above the headliner and run it down inside the post. If you do not want to drill there is some clamp mounts that you can get for lip on the roof... above the door.