Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB Ordered!

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by taterblazer, Apr 3, 2001.

1. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Well gang I'm going with a Midland 77-255ESP, Wilson 3' Flex Fiberglass, Firestik spring, Firestik roof mount and cable kit from alfenterprises.com. I'll let you all know how it works!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

3. taterblazer

Recieved the goods in the mail. The knobs on the Midland are very easy to turn. Concerned they may bounce out of adjustment. May attach little rubber pieces or some stick back foam on the knobs to hold in place. Besides that all is good so far. Don't get the heavy spring! For that little antenna you don't need a spring anyways but that spring would work for a 10 foot piece of steel rod it's so stiff! Now to tear the roof apart and get a hole saw. Let you all know how it goes. Don't touch the lamp in the dome light! It is f#$(*&@#$ hot!

4. taterblazer

All mounted in. Little bit of a challenge but not bad. So far the setup seems to work really well and I haven't even tuned SWR yet.