Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cb question

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by sunnyc123abc, Sep 29, 2006.

1. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

I have a uniden pc 77 and was wondering if its any good. Also, i figured out what all the knobs and buttons do except for the swr cal, and there is a switch that selects either mod, swr, cal, and s/rf...what do those mean? thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, what the SWR Cal does is alowe you too check your SWR's. Set switch to SWR Cal. Key mic and turn knob till the meter go's to the set arrow. unkey mic. Reset switch to SWR. Key mic and it'll tell you what your SWR's are. Alot of people think you can lower the SWR's by turning the knob, that is not the case. All it does is let you get a accurate reading. The lower the SWR, the better.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: It's funny how often I hear people talking of getting their SWR down low by adjusting the knob. The only real way to adjust SWR is by adjusting the length of the antenna.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, you just have too smile.:D