Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB Radio information/help needed

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MilpitasK5, Oct 27, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Any input is greatly appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

What lind of /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifhelp do you need...

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm....Well, a CB is a thing you can communicate with others with....You mount it in your truck and it has a mic you can talk into...Transmits when ya press the button....lol! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sorry for the smart ass reply, but what do ya need help with? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Kidjethro is right...But it does need a antenna also... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    Sorry for the smart ass reply, But Joe can't be the only one.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Also you need to be only able to count up to 40 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifbecause that is all they go up to /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif...;And be able to work the on/off switch too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif....J/K...I cant help but get on the Smart ass wagon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...Mike

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

ok...you found a CB in the garage, right?

the easiest way to hook it up is just to splice it into a known ignition wire (like one that goes from a aftermarket guage, etc.) to the Hot side of the CB and ground it with the other electronics, too.

The easiest way to hook up an antene w/o problems, is to get a magnetic base one. the antane on my rig went bad, so i am running a mag. antane for Pismo.

I have some free time this week. PM me your schedule and i'll try to assist, if you need it.

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You forgot the funny channels & side band!
    Bill

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Mike mine has 320 channels on AM plus the same freqs on FM, USB, and LSB. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You forgot the PA option, along with the McDonald's option also. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. MilpitasK5

11. MilpitasK5

Oh yeah! Thanks for offering Zakk! If my dad can't help me install it this week, I'll shoot you a PM /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes! PA is a good thing. Holler at the girls on bikes on the side of the road. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Or let greg know you're at his house for the party at 1 in the morning. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    I can see it now... if UseYourBlinker gets a PA set up in his K/5. That guy's obnoxious. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OK, you guys forgot about the coax cable. You aren't going to be talking to anyone without that. Just had to get my $.02 in.