Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB Radio's

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by backcountry, Jul 8, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

CB Radio\'s

I want to purchase a CB but with so many choices, I'm haveing a hard time figuring it it out. Any suggestions? I was thinking of one of these: YAESU FT-2800M , YAESU FT-7800R , YAESU FT-8900R or Magnum 257. What do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: CB Radio\'s

Well those are not CB's and you MAY not transmit on those Yaesu's without an amatuer license. Radio one is a 2 meter rig, radio two is a 2 meter and 440 rig, radio three is a 2 meter/70cm/6 meter and 10 meter rig. If you want to talk from truck to truck with other wheeling partners get a CB . If you are licensed the quad band radio is awesome /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm one of those guys that buy 10 meter radios and convert them for 11 meter (CB). I'm a big fan of the Galaxy radios. I recomend The Galaxy 99v and the Galaxy 95t.

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm one of those guys that buy 10 meter radios and convert them for 11 meter (CB). I'm a big fan of the Galaxy radios. I recomend The Galaxy 99v and the Galaxy 95t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Galaxy? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I wouln't trade my RCI's or Northstar for any Galaxy.

5. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Northstar is just another label for Galaxy radios. They are all made by RCI anyway. Many of the popular export radios are on the same main board with variations of the minor features and faceplates depending on which company imports them.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Galaxy? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I wouln't trade my RCI's or Northstar for any Galaxy.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah sure, okay. But they're the same radio, well, main board anyways.

7. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

What is the best way to communicate in the woods? And on the road? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

LOL, I guess I don't know what the hell a cb is. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Also, is it hard to get FCC licence? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

You don't need a license to operate a cb. Maybe try to find a cobra or uniden radio, they are fairly nice and easy to operate.

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a Cobra 148GTL i will sell you for $100.00 shipped to your door. Works perfect. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif