Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB shop in Hammond, LA - Found the info

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by crawlink5, Feb 2, 2004.

1. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where this is located or name of or a telephone number? This weekend I'm gonna ride that way and start asking truckers at truck stops.

CB Shop, Inc.
    202 Seal Drive
    (Behind Colonial Inn)
    Hammond, La 70403
    504-542-8908
    fax 542-8208

Thanks,
    Doug

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

they have another nice CB shop in Rayne, LA on the other side of lafayette, its at the Frog City Plaza truck stop, mile marker..... 85?

3. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they have another nice CB shop in Rayne, LA on the other side of lafayette, its at the Frog City Plaza truck stop, mile marker..... 85?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that off I-10? Do they have a good selection and good prices? Linear Amps? Galaxys? "Clean and Service" CBs?

I'll have to ride that way and look there, also

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

the guy runs the shop on his own in like a 10x20 shop, he drives a f350 dually and works his own hours, people drive for miles to him and he does excellent work, sells some, modifies all and is awesome to deal with! If you can catch him he's THE MAN! tweaked my galaxy 44 to 40watts without linear, I mean tweaked it to FCC regulation of 4 watts, I'd never use 40 or 150watt linear /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, he's actually in teh frog city truck stop's parking lot

5. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Well, I went to Hammond today and the sign on the store said open Sat 10-6. No one there. It was 11:50 so he may have been at lunch. If there was a sign on the door saying this I would have sat there and took a nap and waited as my son was already well into a nap.

So, time and gas wasted. I think I'll go to frog city next.

There is a man at a truck stop near Irwinville on hwy 61?, but "nice" is not a term that anyone would use to describe him. So, I'll go to wally world before there.