Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB suppliers and info.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by BadDog, Aug 9, 2002.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Feb 24, 2001
    I've got to set up my CB before BB02. I've got a cheap Uniden purchased on clearance about 2 years ago. Still setting in the box. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Can't figure out what to do for an antenna. I'm thinking maybe a "mini Will" (Willson?) magnetic mount. That way when it's looking hairy, I can pop it off the top and put it on the floor or something. Supposed to be cheap and small but reasonably effective. This is pretty much just for trail use so I'm not overly concerned with range.

As for location, I'll be welding a 6" x 8" x 0.125 plate to the center of my cage top. The top is basically a halo with an * (asterisk) in the center (formed by the b-pillar hoop and braces from the 4 corners of the halo all meeting in the middle). Seems like that is the best mount (ground plane) for a buggy.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm clueless about CB. The information I have came mostly from a couple of web sites and a recent series on PBB.

Also, anyone with good CB info links I would appreciate some pointers. Here is one good link I have.
  2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mar 30, 2002
    I would recomened a K40 anteena. A friend of mine runs a CB shop. Here is a link to his website. http://bigfoot8170.tripod.com Look under new products, or email him telling what you need. Lew will hook you up at a fair price. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif