Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CB vs. HAM

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by landsmasher, Apr 2, 2002.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Mar 13, 2002
    For those of you still using CB here's some of the benefits of HAM.

1. Ham is uncrowded and silent when no one is talking.

2. Ham will get you out there up to 60 miles with only 25 watts.

3. You can make telephone calls from your 2meter mobile using a repeater.

4. You don't need to know code to get a 2meter license.

5. Your license is good for ten years. Then you renew by just sending in the money.

6. Antenna is much smaller.

7. A hand-held mobile is much smaller and battery usage lasts longer.

Let's all get into 2meter Ham and get with the 21st century.

Contact your local Ham club for free classes to get your license. It only takes a few days and they teach the test...
  2. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Sep 9, 2001
    I agree with some of the stuff as to going for a HAM license... I know I'm personally going to be getting mine one of these days. Eventually want a general ticket for the 10 meter DXing.

But it's too formal for many of the people to want to get into. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Although there are some significant benefits.
  3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    I"ve got my ham licence, but have yet to go on a trail ride where everyone had it. CB, however is easy, cheap and universal, unfortunately. Btw, I got my ham licence back in high school so I could talk to my buddies all over the county. Nice thing to have and much much cheaper and more fun than a dang cell phone.