Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ccc q-jet & emission equipment ?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Oct 12, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am replacing the head gaskets on a friends 85 c10. He blew them when he over heated the truck and I told him that I would fix it if he bought all the parts I need. this truck has the egr and all the stock emissions equipment with a ccc q-jet. my question is can I remove all of the egr stuff and all of those crazy vaccum lines without it affecting the way the truck runs? I know that I will have to keep all of the electrical connections to the carb and dizzy but does it really need all of that emissions equipment to run correctly? around here there are no smog requirements on a vehicle that old but I want to make sure that his truck will still run right if I remove it because it is a mess and will be a real pita to reconect it all. I dont think that any of it still works anyways. thanks

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

anybody know? Ive got to finish putting it together today. I think Im gonna try and reinstall all the emission parts but its gonna be tough.

3. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

I would say they need to go back as they were. If you want to strip off the CCC system, you'll need a non-computer controlled carb and dizzy. THose CCC systems are all tied together and I doubt the motor would run properly without all the emmissions on...