Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cd burner help !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by riz, Mar 21, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Wher and how do I put this ........

http://coloradok5.com/albums/albup01/aac.jpg

into this ??..........

http://coloradok5.com/albums/albup01/aab.jpg

I got the burner from a freind who's mother board took a crap on him and his new computer came with one in it ........ He bought it last year and I got it for $20.00 ...... I don't know much about them and can't figure out where the thing is supposed to go ... The tower I have is a HP Pavillion 4440 and the burner is a HP CD-Writer Plus 9110i ..... any help at all would be great ! Does part of the cover come off and then it fits in there ? It doesn't look like there's a place on the front of the tower ?? HELP !

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You really don't need 2 cd players... Just shut down the computer and put it were the one cd player is.. Hook up the power and 2 more cables in the same place...one is a larger cable then the other.. The smaller one goes to your sound card.. On the jumpers on the back of the burner make sure they are set to Master...Dan

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> that leads me to my next question ..... Ever since I installed my cable modem Fast Ethernet card in the place of my old card ..... I have no sound on my computer ...... was it in my old card ? I'm not the most computer knowledgable person around but I'm not dumb either ......... Do I need to install a new sound card ?

4. gokartergo

Sorry it is a HP...They usually put the sound in the board..There is a small wire coming from the back of your cd player and it goes to the mother board or a sound card,, They come lose a lot.. Does your computer have sound..But not from a cd???

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> None what so ever ....... Either from the cd palyer or mpegs I have saved.

6. gokartergo

Probably just became disconnected in the back from the speaker it self.. Follow the wire from the speaker to the back of the computer.. There will be three small holes.. You might have put it back in the wrong one.. One is for a mike and the other 2 are for speakers. Try moving it to a diffrent slot...Dan

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> When I go to play a sound wave from my saved stuff it pops up a window that says .......cannot play the audio stream ... no audio hardware is available or the hardware is not responding ........... Is it because the sound was built in to my HP board that came out in the place of my Ethernet board ?

8. gokartergo

Did you take out the a sound card when you put in the ethernet card??? Do you still have the other card handy???

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Yeah, I had to put the Ethernet one in so the HP came out ......... I tried to put the HP one back in another slot but it doesn't line up with the pins .

10. gokartergo

You want to go in to the chat room for a minute..

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I'm going right now.

12. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I like pizza...