Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD Burning software???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 4, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Anyone have any suggestions for me for a free cd burning software? I have tried Nero (not free and too complicated) Real Player(ditto) Easy CD Creator (came on my old PC, but not on this one) MusicMatchJukebox came with this one (sucks ass!!!!) and was damn near impossible to remove from the PC.

I am now trying it with Windows Media Player, we'll see, but are there any free, easy one out there? I just want to burn some damn discs, nothing fancy, just backups of my originals for the cars and boat.

Oh, and why the hell do I have to "rip" a CD to the PC and then "burn" to a CD, I have two cd drives for Christ's sake!! Shouldn't I just be able to copy from one to the other?

2. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I don't know about any "free software",,I use Roxio and it works fine,,

get's what ya pay for,,, :haha:

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, that Easy Cd Creator is Roxio, and it did work fine. Just pisses me off that the new PC doesn't have it.

I still want to know why you can't just burn from one CD drive to another though.

Can you tell I have my panties in a wad? Everyone on the office is avoiding me and making sure they pick up the phone first.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ya really can't beat Nero. If ya already have, it takes a little effort to get used to, but it will do things none of the others will. I didn't like it at first, but the more I use it, the more I like it!

But, if ya wanna try this one, it's free and is supposed to be really good. CDBurnerXP Pro http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

5. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I use a copy of Nero 6 Ultra. I like it. It can do DVDs too. It takes some getting used to, but I think its one of the best out there. PM me for any comments...

6. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

dontoe, how much does Nero cost?

Oh, and if you've got two CD drives, you can do what's called 'direct copying' I think, but I don't know how because my own PC's only got one drive.

7. dontoe

IIRC Nero 6 Ultra retails for $99.00. I got it free with an external hard drive I bought. You can burn an image to your HD then burn it to a CD/DVD.

8. dontoe

Oops............double clicked.

9. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

:yikes: Okay, never mind, I'll stick with using Windows Media Player. For me that's too much to swallow.

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Allright chucklehead, I just went out and bought the Roxio software. I feel better already. :p: