Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD Changer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by SF87K5, Aug 9, 2004.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I am getting ready to put in a new deck and a 6 disk changer. It is a Sony set up and I am woundering where the best place is for the changer. I was thinking the center console but I use it alot and it vibrates when I go down the road. I am going to redo the console for this reason, I am going to use bolts instead.

What do you guys think about the center console or under the driver seat. I do crawl my truck and I run doorless also sometime.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Inside the console wouldn't be a bad location. Probley stay cleaner when you're doorless.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Mine is under my passenger seat , which has room as its from ??? vehicle . I was going to cover it for dust , but in 3 years it has never failed to play , which is good for AZ dust conditions , its Sony also , 10 disc . I do use my compressor to blow it out with air after a wheeling trip ( whole cab too ) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have mine in my tuffy box center console, it stays clean and dry and locked, well worth the money IMO.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif