Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cd/mp3 player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Scuba Steve, May 9, 2004.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

I want to upgrade my truck to a cd player with mp3 support because most of my music is in mp3. Are their any good ones out their? I was looking at the Sony CDX-F7700 because it is not to much money and is very expandable. Any info would be helpfull.

2. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I have the Kenwood KDC-X579 I think. I really like it. I got a good deal on it. The Kenwood Excelon series are suppose to be the best bacg for the buck.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I got an Alpine 9813. It is an old modle but I'm sure you can still find them out there for a good price (I payed $300 for mine).

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I have a sony one and an aiwa one. The sony one seems to skip a little less on super bumpy roads (aka, all of my roads)

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a JVC KD-SH909. It never skips, and has 4 volt pre-amp for driving an amp real good, packed with features.

I bought my girlfriend a Kenwood for x-mas, it never skips either, has a fair amount of features, wireless remote, was under $200, I don't recall what model it was.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have the Pioneer DEH-P5500MP, i like it, CD/MP3/WMA with removable face, XM ready, remote. Been workin great for me. I think when i got mine it was runnin around $280 or so though, not 100% sure, as i had my whole system installed in one shot on the same day, so i paid for everything at once.