Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD Player Prices and Brands

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Zepplin, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I see that Pioneer has a good reputation on this site for a in-dash CD player. I don't need the top of the line player but, I was wondering if you could pick up a good Pioneer or any other brand for around $100. I haven't been around a stereo shop for about 7 years so I am not current with the brands that are out there today. I am not too picky because right now I have a stock radio in my 74 Blazer. So anything is an improvement over that. I have a in-dash CD player on my Christmas list and I need some insight on what I can get for around $100 or so. Thanks in advance for the input.

Communication Breakdown
    74 Blazer
    Zeppelin

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have a pioneer in my truck and love it. it never skips and i have done some good wheeling still has not skipped. 45watts x4 power. i would say you can get one 4 under 150 and have a decent stereo

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The cheapest Pioneer now that we (Best Buy) carries is the 1100 model for 140 bucks. No detachable face though. Thats another 20 bucks for the next model up.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys. Are there any other brands with a similiar price that some of you are running in your Blazers?

Communication Breakdown
    74 Blazer
    Zeppelin

5. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Here's a website where you can view different brands, features and prices.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Last spring the stock deck finally crapped out, and I spent a long time shopping around for a new CD player for the Blazer. I finally decided on the Clarion 5675, which cost me around $300CDN installed. It's a 45x4 watt detachable face with remote control that allows for the addition of a CD changer. It also comes with a 3 year factory warranty!!!

I spent a but more than I wanted, but I realized that the extra $50 gave me a lot better deck overall. IMHO, it's worth it to spend a few more bucks to get a deck that allows future system upgrades.

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

my pioneer also has a remote and detachable face plate and will also take a cd changer and you can turn an amp on and off at the touch of a buton it is modle #cxb4285

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud