Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cd player quality? (sony)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 82Jimmy, Nov 9, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I keep seeing lots of cheap sony xplod stuff on ebay. I see the 50wattsX4 but the rms is 17-19wattsX4. The pioneer one I considered buying was 45X4 peak and 22X4 rms. Huh...anyway, they have tons of accessories and changers, but is that the only thing they have going for them?

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. KingSmoth

KingSmoth Registered Member

I would purchase Pioneer over Sony Xplod any day. Pioneer, IMO, is one of the best bang for the buck HU's out there. Tons of functions, etc. Don't go buy peak ratings on amps, especially on HU amps....they will never ever see that.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have a pioner 45x4 cd player in my 77 blazer and it sounds awsome no amp just the cd player 2 6in round in the doors and 2 6x9s in the back right in front of the back seat. pioner is the only way to go in my honest opinion

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Xplod is the new "hip" name for their line of 2000 gear. Their ES stuff is IMHO is the best stuff for the buck it will rock Pioneer junk. I have their CDX 7850 and puts my buddies Pioneer stuff to shame. The outputs for the amps and Eq stuff is great. Check out their line at on the site www.sony.com. Pioneer is great for the money, just remember that you get what you pay for. That goes for both lines. You can look at both companys sites and get the specs. on what you want.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

5. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

I totally agree with mudhog and KingSmoth, I have been running Pioneer stuff for 5 years and it kicks A$$

[​IMG] '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA