Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD player started skipping

Discussion in 'Audio' started by laketex, May 15, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

First it only did it with burned CDs but it has progressed to skipping uncontrollably with any cd I put in until I give the face plate a good whack with my palm and it'll play fine. What's the deal? Is it not seating properly in there? How can I fix it? I've had this player for 3 years and it just started doing this maybe 5 months ago.

It's a Rockford Fosgate 8120 Thanks
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Sherman, Tx
    The road goes on Forever and the Party never ends!

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Have you tried putting a cd cleaner in it? You can get them at Walmart and such. After 3 years, most cd players start dieing anyway (has been my experiance).

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah i threw the cleaner in it and no use. so cd players last 3 years tops huh? wow...guess I'll keep hitting it to make it work since there's no way I'll buy a cd player over a fuel cell. LOL thanks.

[​IMG]
    Sherman, Tx
    The road goes on Forever and the Party never ends!

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

You might need to take it in to someplace and have the laser alighned in it... I have had this happen to me before. Just thought i would let you know

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Alright here's what you do... You take one of them thar big craftsman flat head screwdrivers and a small jar a mayonaise. Stik that screw plunger in the cd hole and pour a little of that mayo stuff in there. Let it sit here in our texas sun for about 2 days, 3 max, take a garden hose and spray it out REAL good. If that don't fix it go to walmart and get ya one of them there FINE Jensen cd players for about $20 or so. LOL, That's why I"m puttin a tape player in my rig man.

Like em big and topless

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well still hitting it. only prob is it's knocked it a couple inches back into the dash and popped the trim ring off. Oh well, still working...sorta.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

7. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

lol... when you hit it enough to put it into the engine compartment then its time to replace it right??? [​IMG]

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]