Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD player took a dump.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mtn. burb, Jun 28, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, this is my first time in the Audio forum.
    My CD player made a gruesome grinding noise when I tried to insert a CD yesterday. So I figure it's dead. Won't accept a disk. Is 4 years avg. service for a CD player? Also, I have 6x9's and coaxials in each front door. Sony X-plod. Are their higher wattage players I can install and how much can these speakers handle? What would you suggest for a subwoofer in the back? I would prefer not to spend the money on a seperate amp, which I realize would be preferable.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive AM/FM/ CD player and subwoofer? (200 bucks?) Thanks.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey guys, this is my first time in the Audio forum.
    My CD player made a gruesome grinding noise when I tried to insert a CD yesterday. So I figure it's dead. Won't accept a disk. Is 4 years avg. service for a CD player? Also, I have 6x9's and coaxials in each front door. Sony X-plod. Are their higher wattage players I can install and how much can these speakers handle? What would you suggest for a subwoofer in the back? I would prefer not to spend the money on a seperate amp, which I realize would be preferable.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive AM/FM/ CD player and subwoofer? (200 bucks?) Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ] Ebay is your friend. I have a pair of 12" JBL's in a sealed box I'd be willing to sell, but you'd need a amp. [​IMG]