Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD player won't eject???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gokartergo, Jul 20, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

CD player won\'t eject???

Ok, I was raised in the days of 8 tracks. But I moved up to a CD player (man I hated throwin the 8 track player away) anyway I installed it back in Dec it has worked fine. This weekend at the Blazer-Fest it was really dusty. Now it won't eject the CD's. I get a error-99 on it WHAT IS THAT? I got a can of air and tried blowin it out, But it still won't work. I can get a pocket knife and get it out the rest of the way but it scratches up the CD. Does a CD cleaner work on this part?Oh it is a SONY. Thanks for your help.......Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Re: CD player won\'t eject???

Depending on what model Sony you have, there should be a reset button on the front of the radio. After you take the face off, check and see if there is a recessed button on the radio. Sometimes by resetting it, you can get the CD to come out. If that doesn't work, then pull the unit and unplug the harness on the back of it for about 10 seconds to reset it that way. Plug it back in and the CD might come out. If that doesn't work, then its probably time for repair...or the knife trick. I don't like the idea of using cleaning CD's with car decks. Usually just as effective to remove the radio and blast every nook and cranny with compressed air.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Whatever you do dont hit it. i had the same problem wiht a friend of myne and his sony xplode and he told me to hit it while we were driving down the road so I did. Busted his face plate all his buttons and the inside lights. That was a $550.00 mistake. I felt so bad but we edned up laughing or asse's off when the faceplate fell off the cd came flying out and landed in the back seat! A little insurance fraud on his part and he had a replaced it in a week.

1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. 1970 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition steering column shift.

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the new line of sony head units... there is a reason they call them <font color=red>XPLODES...</font color=red> cause they dont last, eat cd's, and have to be repaired on a constant bases....

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I tried the cleaner. It will work for about 3 or 4 ejects. Then It won't work again. The resit don't do anything but get rid of the error -99 Tell the next time.........Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

6. Fish

Fish Registered Member

I agree with Prembird. I had a Sony that I was very happy with for about a week. Then it puked and took out a very nice set of dash speakers. Let's face it, taking that dash apart to get at those speakers isn't all that fun. Now, I pretty much stick with Alpine.

7. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

I prefer to use alpine... but i dont much care for the new alpine units.. i dont like the way the look... I do like the new xleons from kenwood... a friend has one and its got more stuff to play with them my computer does... go figure.. hehehe.. but im also looking into some of the new fosgate head units.. gonna check into those and see how good they are...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

8. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

What do you guys think of pioneer?

1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. 1970 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition steering column shift.

9. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

a friend of mine has one and really likes it.. I havent really heard anyone complain about them as far as it breaking or anything.. only thing i have heard anyone say is they are kinda ugly... but they work good..

Prembird

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I love Pioneer! I've never had one fail on me. Well, one did, but it was really old. I could go wheeling and it would not skip. If I jumped it, it might. [​IMG].
    I plan on putting a Pioneer in my blazer.

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>