Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD players

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 6.2 man, May 13, 2000.

1. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This is going to sound stupid , but is there a player that will fit in the dash of an 83 without modifications to the dash ?

2. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

No, not a CD player, installation isn't hard though, all you do is take the metal sleeve provided witht he CD playe for DIN installation and hold it old to the radio area and mark the outside edges the cut out the platic and metal with a cutting wheel, then clean up the edges... Then slide sleeve in and bend tabs to hold in. Then slide the CD player in... WHAM! you're done.. hehe

3. Diesel Z57

Diesel Z57 Registered Member

Hey fellow 6.2 man,

I would recommend getting a CD player from Crutchfield, provided that you WANT to do modifications to the dash. If you decide that you want to, the customer service there is really good, and they give very good instructions on how to install a CD player. I know, because I put one into my '84. It also comes with all the accessories listed above, that I had no idea were sold separately. Anyway, just some advice. If you don't want to cut (or if you don't want anyone to cut for you) several good brands make a shaft-style cassette reciever. Anyway, I hope this helps a little bit.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You could also buy an FM modulator disc changer that wires directly into your stock deck and is operated by remote control. That way you don't alter the factory appearance of your dash but still get CD tunes........I'm not positive how these systems work, but I know that some classic car guys use these to keep their cars stock.