Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CD System

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Aug 6, 2001.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I can't seem to be able to post a message in the Audio Message Forum.
    I just bought a Jensen cd system for the truck. I need a constant 'live' wire to make it work, is it ok to splice into the cigarette lighter wire? Also, how easy is it to access the front speakers on top of the dash, and there are only 2 right?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yes you can splice in to the cig lighter and it is really easy to get in to the front two speakers..........Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You can splice into it with no problem - I prefer running a new lead off of the fusebox at any rate, since lighter circuits tend to be somewhat touchy.

Friggin Silt![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Depending on the year of your vehicle you may only have one dash speaker(like my 73). The dash comes out pretty easy and the speaker comes right out the top.

I have a question about the fuse box myself. Mine has a few plug-ins that I am guessing are for accesories. Does anyone know which ones have constant power? If I cant find one I will run a lead all the way to the battery. I changed my radio out sunday and Im pleased with the sound for now(some sound is better than no sound).

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air, 4in susp, 35's

6. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Just checked there is a 20 amp fuse on the top of the panel marked 'accessories' (the text is to left of the fuse) and the blade (male connection) under it is a constant positive feed on my 73.

7. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks Aussie. I'll swap mine over after work.

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air, 4in susp, 35's