Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ceiling Fan Fun..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Confedneck, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well today is my day off since i have to work this coming saturday.. and i figured its about time to get a ceiling fan up in my room... so im in there stripping back the wiring from the ceiling.. and i tell ya i almost forgot what it felt like to get hit by house current.. anyways, i think ill take a little break, drink a coke, eat some pringles and re-evaluate... oh and btw i just turned off the power to that room LOL.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Now at least you know which breaker it is... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yeah, funny how you always remember where the breaker is AFTER you get hit /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Confedneck

well ya know whats funny is.. my room is what the garage used to be (converted before we moved in).. therefore the breaker box is in my room, and strangely enough NONE are labeled for the garage.. so i just found the one that turned off the floor lamp in my room, and hit the one on top and on bottom just in case.. these pringles are good!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Tingly pringles /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Those always taste better when electified /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Confedneck

[ QUOTE ]
    Tingly pringles /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Those always taste better when electified /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I got hit be 220 the other day. Found some wires hanging down under the trailer house. Just capped them off. Gotta call a electrision one of these days to figure out what they're for. I'm thinking old AC wires.

8. landsmasher

OUCH!

I cut into a live 220 line with my wire cutters once. Thought the power was turned off... LOL! Huge suprise! Big arc of light. Explosion in my face and now the wire cutters can be used for strippers... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Confedneck

yeah... i saw chevy4wd here get hit by 220 once working on my a/c... kinda funny to see the look on his face LOL.. anyways hes on the way over to hold the damned thing up while i bolt it up..

10. landsmasher

Those things can be a b!tch to hang. I've done quite a few and I use a piece of wire to hold it to the mount in the ceiling while I attach the wires and button them up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Confedneck

this one has a hanger to hang it from when hooking the wires up.. but i cant hold it up over my head and start the screws.. standing on a chair and waterbed end to do this.. moving the bed IS NOT an option..

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    moving the bed IS NOT an option..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah come on now....I thought you could do everything /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Confedneck

well ya know... i can, but i WONT.. its my day off, that means no pushing cars in the lot at work and no moving beds that weigh as much as cars.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no moving beds that weigh as much as cars..

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Confedneck

ya know what though, im pretty sure i have enough strap in the truck to wrap around the california king waterbed, through the window and maybe move it.. should i try?? LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

YES YES YES

And make sure you get pics of the tidal wave when it happens /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ya know what though, im pretty sure i have enough strap in the truck to wrap around the california king waterbed, through the window and maybe move it.. should i try?? LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I'd watch that video. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

it wont hurt anything. Just wrap it around the bed and floor is. O yea and make sure u have the cam like taz said /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Confedneck

[​IMG]

ITS DONE!!! and i still have pringles left over... well for a few more minutes anyways LOL.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Nice, but does it work? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif