Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cell ph company

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigjbear, Oct 17, 2006.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just a little rant. My birthday was a few days ago, and among other things, my wife bought me a new cell phone. (Well now I knew why she was so interested in discussing phone plans.) Anyway, I teasingly said "Nice present, a free phone." She says "No, it was about 100 bucks." Me "I thought we were keeping our current plan. It should have been free." So now I'm pissed because I get offers weekly for that thing for between free and $50 and the one they had in stock wasn't the color I wanted (petty, I know). I tell her we're taking it back before we go out for supper. This one was her baby so I let her handle it while kept the kids busy. The guys at the store tried to be funny about it and eventually said they would sell it for $30. My wife says (Did I mention she's awesome?) "Only if you give me the car charger for free." So they end up loosing the whole sale. The best part was seeing them shut up when she told them she had enough and just wanted to return it all.

After we ate she ordered me exactly what I wanted and the total, with shipping and chargers was $11. I think what pissed me off the most was when I found out "about 100 bucks" was more like $130. You can buy the stupid thing outright, with no contract for $150.

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I can't wait to get my "free" phone here soon, with my "new every two" dealy'o. Its been a couple weeks that I could get it, but I hate dealing with the store reps.

John

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

What provider are y'all using? I'm getting away from Verizon.........:wink1:

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Verizon... IMO, they still have the best coverage in my area. I dislike all wireless companies, but I dont hate them, so its ok..

John

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Cingular is ok for me. Not the best, and not the worst. I'd recommend shopping around your area, and talking to people who live around you. Then set the stores against each other: "Well, so-and-so offered..."

6. bigjbear

Cingular, they have good coverage for where I spend the most time. No roaming and I like the rollover, too.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've had Sprint and Centennial, now with Verizon. i couldnt be happier with the coverage.

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alltel FTW!

9. bigjbear

As you can see coverage is the key. This one time the net is not your best asset. FWIW, I get coverage at Tellico and Bisley Knob. When I first got Cingular I was looking for something that worked in Cleveland, Atlanta, and Tampa. With the exception of one store I still happy with them.