Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cell phones

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jun 30, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

why is it that some people dont like cell phones? im sure we have some of those people here. tell me why it is that some people hate them so much. i love them of course my cell is my only phone so i better.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

1. The wife likes to call me at the wrong times.......

2. They suck while driving, see #1.

3. When I really need to call someone, I'm usually in a blackhole of service, so I can't call.

4. It's just another thing I have to be responsible for.

5. I want a Satphone.

6. See #1.

3. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

well when you're older most phone calls are business, and aren't much fun to get anyways. They are even less fun to get when you are away from home, etc. When you're young, you get a lot of calls from friends, girls, people telling you about things going on. That's just my take.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got mine when I had my Blazer because it would break down all the time and I could call for help instead of sitting on the side of the road like a fool hoping some nice person stops...

Of course when I REALLY needed help (when I got my X stuck in the middle of nowhere) I had no service... and I didn't think to call the guy that would've pulled me out for free... or even the tow truck company that would've charged $100... instead I was dumb and called the highway patrol and they sent out the company that charged $300!! good thing I was on the main road, I got insurance money for it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I hate all phones, cell or land line. Alwaws ringing, dinging or bothering you when you have better things to do. What a bunch of crap. I never answer mine. I didn't pay good money for a answering machine for no reason.
    If someone wants to talk to me they can come over and do it face to face.Or leave a message Maby someday I'll call
    They gave me a cell phone at work. It kept ringing at nap time. So It magiclly dissapeared into a black hole /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I told them it was somewhere out there somewhere floating in the voids of space and time.
    Jees I gota friggin 2 way radio what more do they want.
    You can keep yur damn phones. The only way they look good to me is with a 44" swamper on top of them./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    why is it that some people dont like cell phones? im sure we have some of those people here. tell me why it is that some people hate them so much. i love them of course my cell is my only phone so i better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a cell phone and I hate it. Luckily mine doesn't ring that often, and if it does, it's my beautiful redheaded girlfriend so it's all good.

The reason I hate cell phones is that I can't stand hearing them ring all the time. I work at Autozone and I want to snap every time I hear a phone ring in the store. Not to mention the idiots at the parts counter that are talking on the phone when they ask for parts, or asking a person on the other end of the phone what part they need.

If my phone ever rings in public, I walk away from people. Some people walk around the store as if it doesn't matter. I just think it's so rude and inconsiderate to sit on the phone in a public and not care who hears you. Honestly, I want to choke those people.

Not to mention that you aren't supposed to have them at work, so if you can't have it on you at all times, what good is it anyway?

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Jees I gota friggin 2 way radio what more do they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm up there I'm on either 144.120 or one of the local repeaters. Which ever one is working the best at the time.

YA! Radio man... I hate phones too but without them I have no business. But I have no Cell Phone... I threw the last one in the river. They give you brain cancer and they cause you to be in contact with the world at all times. Not a good thing... I want to get away from the world... Not become part of it.

Oh there i go again... LOL!

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We got a cell phone when my wife was pregnant with my youngest daughter about 4 years ago. When she was a month old I 'accidentally' flattened it with a TSL.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am a phone hater as well, but cell phones I hate with a passion.

Here is a classic scenario, I'm sure this has happened to most of you. You're at a buddy's place hoisting a few, maybe wrenchin...whatever. You're talking guy junk and having a good time not being with your wife and your buddy's cell rings. Mid conversation he holds his hand up and turns away from you to answer his phone...all so his wife can nag him from the convenince of his electronic leash...er I mean phone/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

A...it's just rude
    B...I like that my wife can't get a hold of me for a few hours.
    C...I'm busy...drinking, wrenchin, whatever, defintielty too busy for a phone.
    D...when you really could use one it doesn't work.
    E...they can be spendy, bucks for the truck going to pay for a phone I don't want...no thanks.

Rene

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I 'accidentally' flattened it with a TSL...

[/ QUOTE ]
    You da MAN!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Felt damn good too!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

11. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'd rather talk face to face too,but,it's not always convenient.I call my cell ph a leash because anyone can tug on it when they want to.When I don't want to be bothered mine has a off switch that works real good. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif