Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cement shortage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Jun 28, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Anyone else in concrete construction have updates on the cement powder shortage? Catalina Pacific, a large concrete supplier in So.Cal. met with one of our top customers. The brass told them China is paying 8 times the going price for powder to fuel their need to pour at the Dam and to relocate the cities being raised / relocated for when they flood the dam, which will take 9 years to fill with water.

Catalina said powder will be hard to get soon. American and Mexican powder suppliers are shipping to China.

What happened to the America first policy? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What happened to the America first policy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think America is out for the dollar bills, so it goes where the money is... this should be proven with all the jobs getting moved out of the country to increase profit margins and leave US folks out of jobs.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

What happened to the America first policy? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can sell it for more over seas, they will. Just like right now wood has gone sky high, steel has gone sky high, and now cement. Nice huh?

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

We have 45 Parking lot light pole bases ready for concrete and we can't get any , we're backed up ti'l Wed ( been waiting since last tues. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

All this, 10 trucks not running even half of the time and my boss is trying to get me back to work early from ankle surgery.

WTF! What am I supposed to do, drive an empty mixer around all day with nothing to deliver! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Further clarifying to me why my driveway guy still hasn't returned any of my calls...

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i called my place today and it is up $2 more a Yard and it will go up another $2 on july 1 /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    i bet the cost of steel is moving from steel construction to concrete

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What happened to the America first policy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Capitalism, just pay more than the Chinese /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Further clarifying to me why my driveway guy still hasn't returned any of my calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

The local news said a driveway that ran $650 a few months ago was running about $850 now. They said chances are prices are only going up from there with no end in sight.