Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Center body Mounts Rusted!!! Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by user112, Nov 30, 2000.

1. user112

user112 Newbie

I have a 83 Blazer that the center 2 body mounts(not on the frame but on the actual body "U" chanel) have rusted away. Does anyone have any connections or ideas to fix this. The floor pan is starting to rust away also back by the rear seat floor. The rest of the body is in great condition, this is the only real problem keeping me from driving it. Please let me know if you have any Ideas.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Those sections are available form LMC and J.C Whitney and not very expensive. the expensive part is having them installed if you can't do it yourself. They need to be welded.
    You want to see real rust click the link to my page. [​IMG]
    Right now I'm in the process of replacing the tail pan (what the tail gate bolts to on the body) It has a high entertainment value....NOT. To get it in and out I have to lift the body about 8 inches off the frame. Your problem will be loads easier to deal with.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/