Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Center Caps

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeremy_C, May 10, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

When i got my wheels/tires rotated an balanced they broke the screws that holds the center caps on my wheels. They broke 3 of them, and had to drill one out. My question, is how can i get this fixed?? My wheels look pretty bad with out the center caps. They are Pacer Alluminum wheels. They look like five stars, but are alittle different.

Any help is appreciated

2. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

GO TALK TO THE SHOP MANAGER!!!!! If that doesn't work, move up the chain. The shop is responsible for returning your ride in the same shape you gave it to them.

Also check the torque on the lugs. Sears has over tightened mine beforre to the point of warping the rotors and Sam's Club failed to tighten them and the wheel came off!! Sam's paid for everything. I didn't want Sears to fix the rotors.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Did the screws break when they tried to remove them, or did they orvertighten them? It sounds like they broke duringthe removal so I doubt that the shop will take responsibility. Why can't you just get new screws for them? </font>