Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

center concole question?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Apr 19, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

what year did center consoles start having cup holders in them? i would rather redo one than to but one from lmc. $$$
    my 69 has like cig pack holders or something.

thanks

nathan

2. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings - I'm sure of the year of change, but I think those are seat belt holders for the female buckle side --- of course I guess a pack of Camels would fit right in there (with room for a spare on the other side) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif--- so, I'd say when the seat belts change - maybe even to shoulder belts would be the year the console changed.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

rrent

cool thanks for the reply. i would have never thought about that for the seatbelt part, and i was disheartened b/c i dont smoke.

thanks again

nathan
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif69K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Re: center console question?

In my 74, 75, and 76 I have the seatbelt consoles. In my 77 and 78 I have the cup holders. So I guess it was 77 with the first cupholder consoles. I actually won a set of just the cupholders on Ebay for $10. Then I realized that my console mounting area in my 78 was too broken to mount it. Now it sits.

I don't know if the consoles are the same between 1st and 2nd gen Blazers. I never owned a 1st gen.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Re: center console question?

I will have tyo look at a 77 or so and see about swapping one in. there was a time when i was gonna cut the seatbelt part out and put in some custom made cupholder parts. i just couldnt cut a perfectly good original console so idecided to finda replacemenbt and keep this one for the resto blazer.

thanks for the info

nathan
    69K5