Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

center console sub

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ChevBlazin, Mar 7, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I just thought I would let some of you know what I did when installing my sub and amp. I made a new center console/ sub box to fit betweent the front seats. The front portion of the console has a lid that flips up and serves as a storage space, not nearly as large as the original of course. The rear 2/3's of the box, about 1 cubic foot, is seald off from the front. The sub box itself is a bandpass unit where the sub faces up and the ports go out the back in the lower portion of the box. I put clear plexiglas over the top and covered the box in thin carpeting. I used 5-8" particle board (recomended) and routed all the joints so it locks together nice. It houses an 8" sub and could maybe fit a 10" ( my seats are out of a newer truck so the arm rests in the middle dont leave enough room to make a wider box (over all width is just over 11 inches)
    I mounted the amp (pioneer 150 watts bridged) flush in the passenger side panel right next to the rear seat. I had re-covered the sidepanels with thin grey carpeting and wrapped that into the edges of the cut out. I also took out the rear 6x9's and mounted new ones just in front of the wheel wells. It all looks very nice and the sub/amp are hidden good enough to deter most theivs. Just thought some of you might be interestid in this set up. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

*waits for pictures* /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

So do you have any pics????

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna be home on break from college this week, I'll see what I can do about some pictures.