Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Center to center measurement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Mar 11, 2001.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I just measured my spring pads center to center in the front and rear. The front came out to approx 32" and the rear came out to approx 42.5", I didnt realize there was that much of a difference in the width. I knew there would be a difference, but not 10.5" I figured 7-8". Am I crazy or does this sound right?

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Yep. Thats about right. The frame actually curves inward under the cab as you go forward. Where at in OKC are you? I live in eastern OK county, work in Del City.

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I live up in NW OKC. I wheel down at lake draper all the time.Have you made it out there yet? Know of any good places out by your place? Eastern OK County, Shawnee?

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The front springs have to be much further inboard to allow clearance for the tires when they're turned at full lock.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Makes sense to me.