Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Centerforce Clutch how good are they???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chaka454, Nov 26, 2002.

1. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I've been having problems with my clutch in the last couple of, I put in a new one but it was a stock one, I'm running 35 Super Swampers on a 4" lift, and I do go mudding pretty much every weekend, well now my clutch feels like it's slipping again, well actually since I replaced it with another stock one it feels like it doesnt grip very well, one of my friends told me about Centerforce high performance clutches, and I was wondering if anybody has experience with this clutches how good are they, how long do they last? my friends owns a mechanic shop and he can get a 25% discount on one of this, he can get me the clutch for $230 out the door, I went to look at it and the clutch is Orange in color, so does anybody have good things to say about this one, thanks in advance.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and I love it...I have 35 w/ 3.73's soon to have a 454 and 37's...I love the feel of this cluth with my hydro setup..I have heard, however, that the centrifugal weights can get jammed with mud in havy mud applications...but I rarely run mud like that...If you really run mud that much, look into RAM, McLeod, or a Heavy Duty LUK clutch...oh, fyi, the pressure plates oin the Centerforce Clutch are made my LUK...

Chris

3. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Did you replace the pressure plate and throw-out bearing too?

I had the centerforce dual friction in a '92 camaro I used to own, and it was great. I could not get it to slip at all, no matter what I did to it. But for a 4x4, I dunno. It makes sense about mud getting jammed in there; if mud does in fact get inside your belhousing. Was there mud in there when you replaced it the 1st time?

Thomas.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Love mine--recommend the II for street and even crawlin cause you can feather the clutch---the dual friction for racing type of driving as they can hold more ummmmm friction?? or something.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

also check to make sure your motor isn't leaking out of the rear main seal...if the clutch is contaminated with oil, it will be ruined in short order

6. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've heard good and bad. I work at a place that sells them and have customers come in with rave reviews. Ive also personally dealt with someone who put it on a tow rig and wanted to return a 3 month old clutch cause it was already slipping. The problem is that Centerforce has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. No ifs ands or buts about it. So if you do it be prepared.