Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Central Maryland Trails

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Me89'Jimmy, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

a year or two ago there was an awesome place up in odenten, a little passed fort meade, they closed it down to make it a dump of all places. ever since then there have been no good places to wheel, ive heard of some places in old ellicott city and surrounding areas but they never panned out.Im based out of howard county if your wondering, but basically myself and a lot of my other friends have about a month or two before we either ship out or go to college and were looking for some good places to wheel again. kinda one last venture before we go our seperate ways, anything and everything will be much appreciated

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude,
    There's not much in MD anymore these days. I know some areas in VA has some light easy trails (some national forest, can't remember the name...been several years since I was last there).
    It was only a couple hours drive from Columbia.
    There are a couple places in PA, that you gotta pay to play at. Rausch Creek & Paragon Adventure Park. RC is 2.5hrs from Glen Burnie and Paragon is about 3.5.
    They have trails from mild to wild.
    Some of us are going to RC this Sunday if yall are interested.
    Boss

3. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

thats pretty much what i figured, thanks for the RC offer but i gotta go waste my day away at work. Have fun though

4. mlrtme315

mlrtme315 Registered Member

The forest is the GW(George Washington) national Forest. Its a lil easy for a real truck, my buddies all took rentals and DD's down and just beat the crap outta them. If an ML55 can make it... it aint too hard. The place you probably wheeled in Odenton (BTW im stationed at Meade and live in Odenton) was probably the Patuxent Wildlife refugee which they dont like people wheeling in... found out the hard way. Of course its their fault for not monitoring the back entrance through the Ft. Meade range, I thought I was still on Meade. There aint much around like y'all said though, we had some luck for awhile down in Lorton, VA, the county owns a ton of land (landfill, closed down prison ect..) and they didn't mind us using the trails on it for awhile. Now the cops hang out round there cause of kids drinking though. Good luck finding somewhere. Later.

Mark