Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Central Texas Slab run May 18-19th. More visibility in this forum

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, May 12, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Planning on a small or large run.. depends who show's up. I have about 6 to 8 people attending.
    Let me know if you'd like to go next weekend. I know some of you went out this weekend.. and I'd like to hear how it went.
    Hope to have a nice turn out.. I'm going to test out my 78 K-30 next weekend.

Will meet at the Shell station on Highway 183 and Highway 29 In Seward Junction. At 9:30 am Saturday.

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

THEN GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

it went great except for me becomeing a k5 boat anchor /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ...those who went will know what im talking about. the river was lower than normal so you could go quite a ways up. i wish i could make it this weekend but i'll be out of town. be safe and have fun...

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Do tell... what happened?

5. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

we were crossing the river and climbing the sand bank on the other side...well instead of taking the lower bank i decided to climb the wall o' sand. i almost made it up when i started sinking in the sand...so i backed up into the river to turn right and go to the lower bank when i got stuck. tried everything but after a while the water was getting too close to the intake and the fan was hitting the water. i ended up getting six inches of water in the truck and filled one exhaust pipe with water. it took a tow line on a k5 and a 9000lb winch on a jeep to finally yank me out (video is coming). i ended up getting enough water in the exhaust that when it finally started up i blew the collector gaskets out. needless to say i am stripped down to bare floor and i believe that the carpet is going to the garbage. river water smells BAD /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Boat Anchor to say the least! Cassidy buried his K5 at least four times trying to get ya out and then there was your exhaust pretending to be a bilge pump for a couple of minutes also /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

7. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Hey Charles, long time huh?

I'd love to go on Sat the 18th, but won't be ale to camp as I'm heading out of town on Sunday.
    Finally got my rear main to seal up, and got the beast inspected .... so a slab trip is definitely in order /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

So where's the meeting place/time?

Thomas.

DOH! If I bothered to actually read your whole post, I would have seen the place and time!! LOL ... count on me being there /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thomas.. we may or may not camp out.. we'll bring everything with us then decide.. might just make it a one day trip...
    Glad your coming..and yes.. it's been a long time.. See ya there..

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah Thomas.. to bring you up to speed unless you haven't seen..
    I sold the 83 Blazer.. bought a 78 K-30 pickup 1-ton pickup..
    So I converted the 89 over to the 1-ton .. pics on my website.
    I'll be bringing both.

10. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Hey Billy Ray, I haven't met you yet so if you need some help let me know. email: justin_davis@ci.austin.tx.us
    I would love to help you get that doubler installed so you can show us how to wheel!
    Justin

11. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I JUST MAY HOLD YA TO THAT.
    AS FAR AS WHEELING ANY DUMB A$$ CAN POINT AND FLOOR IT.
    BUT REALY I WOULD LOVE TO WHEEL WITH YOU GUYS SOON.

12. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

i am trying to talk my wife into making the trip with me this time. i just need to find a baby sitter and i think that i will be set. i changed my carb out to the quad and hopefully i will not be affected by the inclines as much as i was on the last run. but all in all, everything else was running fine and i had a blast pulled out plenty of vehicles. even after the K-5 group left. hope this time their is a few more vehicles show up because all i could find was 4 inc. my vehicle. and i met a few people from fredericksburg that want to go out wheeling with us whenever we go. hope to see ya'll out their on the trail.

13. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I WAS WONDERING WHO WAS THE GUY IN THE BLACK AND WHITE BLAZER. I SEE YOU GOT A PAINT JOB AND AXLES SINCE THE LAST RUN WE MET. REMEMBER I WAS THE ONE RIDDING BI+CH IN THAT BIG CJ7 WITH 39.5 T.S.L.'S. I SURE HOPE YOU ARE THE SAME GUY IT NOT MY BAD.

14. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Billy .. that's Him..
    Cassidy.. he had the crazy driving style in that bad ass Jimmy..
    His truck look's outstanding..
    Cassidy.. I saw your truck outside 13th Coscom Gym one day.. all I can say is SWEET !!!! and hope to see you there.

15. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

16. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

JUST TO SAY SEE YA ON 5/16/02 AT MY HOUSE.
    BUT MOST OFF ALL TO PUT THIS POST BACK ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

well i just told my wife that i was going. it was me out their and i even had this girl come up to me and make a simple statement,"You can't be married." i said why and she said that nobody married drives the way you do. i caught a laugh and just said, i do everything 110% and if something breaks or whatever, it just gives me a reason to build it stronger. can't wait to see ya all in the rock. i am especially interested in Billy's doubler system so i need to check that out. and i have my quad back on so i won't be as disappointed as i was on the prior trip. thank's for the comment rocko. hard to believe my blazer was a $200 P.O.S. when i bought it. well, about 3 grand later and a lot of hours it is finally almost to where i want it, for now.

18. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

one more thing, what time will you actually get to the slab. i will meet with ya"ll over their like i did last time.

19. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

WELL I'AM SITTING HERE LOOKING AT MY DOUBLER RIGHT NOW AND CAN YOU GUESS WHAT I WILL BE DOING THIS WEEKEND? YEP THAT'S RIGHT I WILL BE UNDER MY TRUCK.
    HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE FUN I WILL BE MAKEING A TRIP OR A SMALL RUN REAL SOON, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE JUST YET.

20. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Billy.. you know your out in the garage fixing it up right now.. lol.. Ya never know.. you might be done before the weekend.. and you can join us..
    Besides.. I need to be "egged" on by you like last time..