Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Centramatic balancers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCJimmy, Jan 8, 2004.

1. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I anyone here running the Centramatic wheel balancers on their K5?

2. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Well, if anybody is interested in these, I ordered a set tonight for my one ton Jimmy. I will post results later this week after they get here.

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I'm interested, let us know how they work and what they cost. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Cool, I've been seriously considering them for when I get my 1 ton axles under the Burb.
    Can't wait to here how they work on light trucks.
    I've run them on some of the heavy rigs I've driven and I guess they work ok, but I want to see how they are on a light truck.

5. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm interested, let us know how they work and what they cost. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

$208.50 to my door. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    Yeah, alot to get a good ride at highway speeds, but I have exhausted everything else.
    I have a great ride up to 60mph, then a shimmy after that. Nothing major, but 1 hour+ to work each day gets old.

I'm running Cooper Discovery A/T's 35x12.5x15 on Unique Chrome Tracker 15x10 - 8 on 6-1/2 steelies. D60/14bff, crossover/hydro/locker, etc.

I spoke with Jerry, their sales engineer, who really seemed to know his stuff. The balancer corrects for up to 6 oz of imbalance on the truck unit, 12oz on the Hummer unit.

Since my wheels have been dynamically balanced already, I hope to fix the vibe at speed with the Centramatics. The best part is, if I'm not convinced they solved the problem, Centramatic offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
    So, if nothing else, I'm only out $20 shipping costs.

I should get them Friday, and will post the results this weekend.

Byron

6. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

im running them on my truck, and im very happy with them. my pj's were worn to the point where above 73 mph i would have a hop. now i dont get any vibrations from the tires at all. it cured my problem.

7. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im running them on my truck, and im very happy with them. my pj's were worn to the point where above 73 mph i would have a hop. now i dont get any vibrations from the tires at all. it cured my problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif