Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Certificate,weight...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 4x4_76, Apr 6, 2002.

1. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking to purchase 2,5" shackle flip and 2" lift springs up front within next year.What I need to know is that is there a certificate available about the shackle flip bracket that tells the bracket is made for K5 and it takes possible max. load or something like that?I need it to get my K5 to pass safety inspection.They are very strict about all the suspension modifications.

Second question is about the weight of the front springs and shackle flip brackets.What's the total weight of them?Just so I can calculate how much they will cost to me after shipping and taxes.

2. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Someone must know how much those brackets and springs weight...

3. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

from what I've seen the ORD brackets can handle pretty much whatever you throw at them. 2" lift springs might be a bit softer than stock though, depending on the company. I'm not aware of any official certification that declares the shackle flip brackets for specific GVWR #'s though...you'll have to wait for Stephen on that one.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We don't have any official certification for the flip kit and for liability reasons would actually have to state that they are for off road use only which doesn't help you out at all. If they're that picky I'd say you're going to have to look to one of the huge suspension manufacturers for that kind of info and probably run a lift spring in the rear. You might have a hard time even at that but you'll have a better chance. Someone like Rancho or superlift probably has a person who does this kind of work as their primary job. (lawyer)
    Sorry we're not much help on this one but that's pretty much the straight poop.
    Springs weigh about 35# each and a flip kit is 21-22lbs.