Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cfm tech

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Dec 8, 2004.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

how many people here use cfm tech parts on the 350 motors? im thinking of getting the powerplate, hi flow ported throttle body, injector spacer and fuel pressure regulater. should i splurge and get everything? just wondering if anybody with any or all of these products like them, wish they didnt get them etc. educate me. thanks

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I have not yet gotten all of their parts but I do plan on it. I have the injector spacers and the tbi power plate and am just waiting for more money to get the power charger, in line fuel pressure guage, and adjustable pressure regulator. I should have them by after christmas though. I asked the same question recently and everyone who responded that had those parts told me that they noticed a very large power gain. Most of them hadnt measured the mpg yet, but I expect it to go up just like it did for trucks magazine. There are quite a few people on here who speak very highly of cfm tech's tbi upgrades. After I put mine on, I will let you know.
    -Harrison

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wouldn't buy those kinds of parts from anywhere else. Every other place is a rip off as far as price goes. $100 for a little hunk of aluminum, yeah right. I had a TB spacer on my burb and noticed no difference. It may go back on when I put the new motor in but more cause I have no idea where the factory TB bolts are

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

square deal people.. I have their spacer unit on my BB v3500... 2/10 of a mile per gallon better... real world... (after doing the suggested air intake mods)
    Im going to use them on my frame off sb v3500 build up... I want to rebuild stuff anyway and their parts make sense to me for the money... they actually DIDNT try and sell me stuff I said i would buy but made the right SUGGESTIONS on free theings to do to tweak...
    theyll get my return business
    Mention ck5.... I did andthey seemed interested about us... maybe we will get the good guy discounts at some point...
    FYI.... a big name vehicle manufacturer is now using them
    cam

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i just did all that last weekend... did the ported throttle body, powerplate, injector spacer, adjustable regulator, gauge fitting and the Hypertech powercharger..

i decided to do as much of it as i could afford at once. really, the only thing i didn't do was intake and injectors.. kinda regretting not doing the intake while i was there. i'll hold off on injectors till i go 383..

definitely a little seat of the pants power gain. bone stock 350. i swear that powercharger works great.. little pricey for a salad bowl, but it flows a ton of air...

really wants headers bad now, ya can feel it...

[​IMG]

added prolly 3" in height between the powerplate and powercharger..
    [​IMG]

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the powercharger is one of the upgrades I have planned. Bit much for a bowl like you said but thats the one piece I really see working. I port my own throttle bodies(not as good as the ones you buy but it helps). Between the ported TB, adjustable regulator, RV cam, injector spacer, salad bowl, and headers, I think i will have a decent TBI 355.

7. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

the motor in my blazer is a 350 bored 30 over (makes it a 355 right?) with a mild cam and 194(?) heads. if i get the cfm stuff will i have to reprogram my computer? i guess i can ask them that question but maybe some body on here knows about it. also going to be swapping the thorley headers from my sub to the blazer. should be a good setup.