Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CFM Technologies

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Mar 11, 2006.

?

Go with CFM Tech Stuff or Not

Poll closed Apr 10, 2006.
  1. Get the CFM Stuff, You'll be glad you did.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Save your money, You won't see much Improvement.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Get Nekid and eat Cheetos

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I was in a bind and needed a motor to replace my TBI 350 quickly. I went with a new direct replacement longblock because I didn't have the time to research other options. Now that it's in, I was wondering if the upgrades from CFM Tech were worth it or not. I have searched and found lots of posts about them but haven't found the answers I'm looking for. I would call and talk to them, but I know the answer will be "buy all of our stuff and it'll run great". I'd like some real world feedback. So here's the plan:

TBI Spacer
    Injector spacer
    Adj. FPR w/ guage
    Hypertech Power Charger
    maybe even a ported TB (not sure on this, any suggestions?)

Also want to add
    "Autozone Special" Flowtech longtube headers
    3-wire o2 sensor

Will this help anything? Power? Fuel Economy? Or should I save my money? Will it run Ok w/o tunning, or will I deffinately need to get a comp. retune?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i run the full setup.... i'm happy with it... power gains aren't spectacular on a stock setup, but noticable... main reason i did mine was my throttle bushings were shot, so i got the TB too..

if i did it again i wouldn't run the adjustable regulator, i'd get a vaccum referenced one.. the power charger is sweet...

3. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Is this FPR on Ebay what you are talking about when you say vacuum refferenced? The description does say it can be setup for vacuum.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-305-350-383-454-5-40psi-TBI-Adj-Fuel-Pressure-Reg_W0QQitemZ8031275154QQcategoryZ33554QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i don't know alot about them... some on here are much more knowledgable on the subject than me..

the one i read to run was the factory GM one.. think the GM part # is 17113186

apparently you can run different springs in it too...

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I am running all you listed. Didn't get it all from CFM but its pretty much the same stuff as turbocity and extreem EFi has.
    Get it. you wont be disappointed. Nice bang for the buck.
    For the TB check out Xtreme fi That tb is a great tb for a stock engine Cheaper than CFM He wll aslo usually knock off 20- 30 bucks if you have a core TB to send back to him.
    Here's some more infoextreemefi
    He also builds some real nice roller cam 4 bolt TBI 350s for only 2K