Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

chaining down box

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 85GMCJimmy, Oct 23, 2000.

1. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

I was thinking about running a you bolt through my box so i could run a heavy cable through it and go around and through the spare tire mount and locking it with a pad lock. By running a bolt throught the box would it eventually vibrate the bolts lose? or what, To give you and idea of what i have i have 2 MTX 10s and a MTX 250x amp. The amp will be bridge so it will have 100 watts to it

2. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

If you are going to drill holes into the box just make sure you seal them after you install the U-bolt. The cheapest tube of caulk should do the trick. Just make sure it has silicon in it. I don't think it would wiggle loose as long as you don't drill the holes to big. Good luck.[​IMG]

[​IMG] '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

3. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

Put some liquid nails in the hole your puting the bolt throu and that will insure a good seal and probaly keep it from vibrating.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I am assuming you are doing that to keep it from being stolen? I got ripped off and most insurance companies will not cover that loss unless it's mounted to the Blazer itself. It has to be considered attached to it by means of screws/bolts. I found that out the hard way. I lost it all and they covered nothing due to fine print. I even asked them and was told the wrong thing by this guy. Call them up and get some stuff in print to make sure because you can always buy some cheap hardware and attach it to your floor to be safe. :-)

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"