Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ChainLink

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntsqd, Mar 10, 2003.

1. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Since no one here has posted about this:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122477&pagenumb

Since I can't and won't post over there, I'll set some things straight here. Hope that's OK. I will be doing an article on this machine for an up-coming new 4x4 magazine.
    It finished 7th out of 9 contenders in Trophy class. Not bad for a driver & rig combo that had less than 20 miles total on them at the start of the competition and none of those were over terrain anything like the courses out there.
    Cameron knew it was going to be too heavy b4 it was finished. The only weak spot it has is a part that sort of grew out of the needed geometry. Those will be redesigned b4 he puts it to use as a family trail rig on mediocre trails like the Hammers and Outer Limits. Believe me, those trails will be a walk in the park for this rig.
    That was always in the game plan, to be able to use it for family outings, which is why it has such an extensive cage.

Wait until you see the next idea on his drawing board.......

2. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Unreal! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Since no one here has posted about this:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122477&pagenumb

Since I can't and won't post over there, I'll set some things straight here. Hope that's OK. I will be doing an article on this machine for an up-coming new 4x4 magazine.
    It finished 7th out of 9 contenders in Trophy class. Not bad for a driver & rig combo that had less than 20 miles total on them at the start of the competition and none of those were over terrain anything like the courses out there.
    Cameron knew it was going to be too heavy b4 it was finished. The only weak spot it has is a part that sort of grew out of the needed geometry. Those will be redesigned b4 he puts it to use as a family trail rig on mediocre trails like the Hammers and Outer Limits. Believe me, those trails will be a walk in the park for this rig.
    That was always in the game plan, to be able to use it for family outings, which is why it has such an extensive cage.

Wait until you see the next idea on his drawing board.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Thom you can post here anytime you want.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

That definetly falls in the HOLY $H*T category....

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Dayum!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

John

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Thank you.
    Donovan, are you THE Donovan of Wristed Arm fame ? I think your locale puts you close to C Hughey and S Ellinger and your occupation would be correct.

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I saw that truck this weekend. At first I was thought was WTF is that? As I was leaving I saw it out on the course doin its thing. I was in awe, then I came home and went on Pirate and saw the pics of that thing and how it worked and it amazed me even more. I cant wait to see the write up on this truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

that rig is ingenius, never saw such a bad a$$ idea, that's how I'd show up a low rider with hydralics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif talk about laying frame /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

A LOT of people were thinking that - some were saying that, but on the first course Saturday morning when the LF dropped off that ~4' ledge and people figured out that it wasn't broken and was supposed to do that, those Q's turned into cheers. Gotta say it made me proud to be a small part of the team.

I need to also say that the ProROCK folks were THE best. No "In-Yer-Face" attitude, no 'Carnival' atmosphere, just good people working hard to put on a good event for both spectators and competitors alike. The two officials I had the most contact with, Tim (I think) and John, were courteous, nice, and helpful. I've been involved in NHRA, SCCA, VARA, MDR, SCORE, and local mud-bowl racing and the ProROCK people were by far and away the best to deal with out of all of them. I've not been to other sanctioning body's crawling events, but I would go to another ProROCK event w/o reserve. I've heard ProROCK has not had the best rep in the past and I think, based on my experience with them this weekend, that they should be given another shot.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude, that thing is off the HOOK!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Post up some spy pics if you have em'. That is just wild! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

just so people know what we are talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]