Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chalet Body Mounts / Quick Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chalet2506, Apr 17, 2007.

1. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My freshly rebuilt TH350 sprung a leak so I took it back to the transmission shop to have them fix it(warranties are really nice sometimes:D). While I was showing them the leak, I noticed one of the rear rubber body mounts is split in 2 pieces and practically falling off. I haven't had a chance to look real close because it's up on a rack right now, so my question is.....

Do I need access from the topside of the bed to replace them? The dilemna here is that I've got a full slide in fiberglass camper thats a big PITA to remove. I've read through some threads that address body mount installation, but can't seem to find an answer for this specific question.

2. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

The body bolts are carriage bolts, so if everything is in good shape you can unscrew the nut without holding the bolt. The problem is the you have to pull the bolt out to remove the mount or separate the body from the frame enough for the bushing to slide between the frame and the bolt. Might be quite a task with the camper installed.

3. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sumbitch. I'm looking to do a 1" body lift and new body mounts from ORD. I guess my 2 options at this point are to pull the camper or cut some holes in the floor. Neither option seems very appealing right now. The truck is still in the tranny shop, so I haven't had a chance to investigate further . Thanks for the info.